Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 3 T butter
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 celery stalks, small dice
- 1 carrot, peeled, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 qts chicken stock
¼ c basil
- 3 lbs tomatoes, cored, peeled and quartered
- 1 T tomato paste
½ t sea salt
½ t black pepper
½ c Parmesan cheese
- 1 c half & half
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add butter. When melted, add onions, celery, and carrots. Cook until tender.
- Add garlic, chicken stock, basil, tomato, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "soup" and adjust time to 5 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Using a stick blender, puree soup until smooth.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and bring soup to a simmer. Add cheese and pour in half & half. Stir.
- Ladle into serving bowls and enjoy.