Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Soup
- 3 T butter
- 2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, small dice
- 3 carrots, small dice
- 2 celery stalks, small dice
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T fresh thyme leaves, stems removed
¼ c flour
- 4 c chicken stock
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 c basmati rice, uncooked
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 15 minutes, press "start/stop", and add butter. When melted, add mushrooms, onions, carrots, and celery.
- When vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated, add chicken. Cook until chicken is golden brown. Add garlic and thyme and stir. Cook until fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add flour and stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken stock and milk then add rice.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "poultry", adjust time to 12 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
If soup is too thick, add more chicken stock to thin it out.