Creamy Acorn Squash Soup
- 4 T butter, unsalted
½ c yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 acorn squash, peeled, 1-½-inch cubes
- 2 T sage, fresh, minced
- 3 c vegetable stock
½ c almond milk
- 1 c apple sauce, unsweetened
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Set pressure cooker to "sear, adjust time to 20 minutes, and press "start/stop". Add butter to melt. Once melted, add onion, garlic, and squash. Sauté until squash is golden brown in color then add sage.
- Add stock, almond milk, and applesauce and stir.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Use an immersion blender, or carefully ladle soup into a blender or food processor, and blend soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into serving dishes and serve.