Cream of Chicken with Wild Rice
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, diced medium
- 2T butter
- 1c onions, diced
- 1c carrot, diced
- 1c celery, diced
- 2 cans chicken stock
- 6oz wild rice
- 1t sea salt
½t freshly ground black pepper
- 2T water, 1T cornstarch (mixed)
- 4oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1c milk
- 1c half and half
Set to "sear" and add butter. When melted, add onions, carrot, and celery and sauté.
- Add chicken, cans of chicken stock, wild rice, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 5 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open pressure cooker. Set to "slow cook" and simmer, adding cornstarch mixture in and stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese, stir until melted, and then pour in milk and half and half.
- Pour or ladle into bowls and serve.