- ½ c mayonnaise
- 1 (10-oz) loaf sourdough, cut into ½-inch-thick slices and then into thirds
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 12 oz lump crab meat
- ¼ c capers, rinsed
- ¼ c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 t crushed red chile flakes
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- Spread mayonnaise on each side of bread and season with salt.
Place slices in enamel baking pan. Place on cooking rack in position 3. Bake at 425°F until slightly charred and crisp, about 3 min.
- Remove and transfer to serving platter.
- In a bowl, stir crab, capers, olive oil, chile flakes, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper. Spoon crab salad over toast and serve.