Country-Style Pork Stew
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs lean pork stew meat, 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, small dice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T fresh sage chopped
- 2 T tomato paste
½ c dry white wine
¼ t ground allspice
- 2 c chicken stock
Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 20 minutes, press "start/stop", and add oil. Season pork with salt and ground pepper. When hot, add pork. Cook until golden brown. Remove to a plate; set aside.
- Add onions, garlic, and sage, moving constantly until golden brown. Add tomato paste and stir. Once paste starts to brown, add wine to deglaze the pot.
- Return pork to cooker. Add allspice and chicken stock.
- Close and lock lid. Set to pressure cooker to "meat/stew", adjust time to 20 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening the lid.
- Carefully open the lid and check the stew for seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into serving dishes.