Cornflake-Crusted Brioche French Toast
- 1 loaf brioche bread (about 1 pound)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Confectioners sugar
- Maple syrup
- Slice brioche into 8 (1-inch thick) slices using serrated knife.
- Using 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut each slice into circle and set aside.
- In shallow dish, whisk together eggs, half and half, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add cornflakes to separate shallow dish.
- Line sheet tray or cutting board with wax paper.
- Working with 1 circle of brioche at a time, dip bread in egg mixture, allowing brioche to soak for 10 seconds on each side, then transfer to cornflakes, coating entire piece, then transfer to sheet tray or cutting board.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in 10.5-inch PerfectGreen Fry Pan on Medium (275°F) just until butter foams.
- Transfer prepared brioche to pan and cook for about 4 minutes, flipping halfway through, until both sides are golden brown.
- Transfer finished French toast to plates, wipe out pan, and repeat step 8 with remaining bread, adding more butter to pan if necessary.
- Dust French toast with confectioners sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.