Corn & Mushroom Soup
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 carrots, peeled, small dice
- 2 stalks celery, small dice
- 1 lb mushrooms, rough chop
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 qts vegetable stock (or any stock or water)
½ t thyme, dried
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
4 c potatoes, peeled, 1-½-inch cubes
- 3 T cornstarch
- 2 c half & half
- 4 c corn
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, cracked
Set pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add oil. When oil is hot, add onion, carrots, and celery. Sauté until slightly soft, about 3-4 minutes.
Add in mushroom and garlic and sauté an additional 2 minutes.
- Add stock (or water), thyme, red pepper flakes, and potatoes.
- Close and lock the lid. Set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 4 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid.
- In a small mixing bowl, dissolve cornstarch with 3T water and gently stir into soup.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and press "start/stop". Bring soup to a simmer. Stir soup until thickens to desired consistency.
- Gradually stir in half & half and corn. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve.