Coq Au Vin
½ c bacon, small dice
- 3 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 1 c red wine
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 T butter
- 12 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 T parsley, rough chop (garnish)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add bacon, then press "start/stop". Cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and place on paper towels to drain, set aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pressure cooker and brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side. When browned, remove chicken; set aside.
- Add onions and cook until soft. Add garlic, tomato paste, bay leaf, thyme, and carrots, and cook for an additional minute. Pour in red wine and deglaze the pot. Stir in chicken stock. Return chicken to cooker along with bacon.
- Close and lock lid. Set to "poultry" and adjust time to 10 minutes. Press "start/stop".
In a sauté pan, add butter and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- When chicken is done in pressure cooker, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Carefully open pressure cooker lid, remove chicken, and pour cornstarch mixture into liquid in pot and carefully stir.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and press "start/stop". Simmer until sauce reaches desired consistency. When sauce thickens, add mushrooms and chicken. Mix sauce well with chicken. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Crumble reserved, cooked bacon on top and top with parsley.