Chunky Potato Soup
- 6 slices bacon, small dice
- 2 T butter
½ c yellow onion, small dice
- 2 qts chicken stock, divided
- 1 t sea salt
½ t black pepper
- 2 T parsley, dried
- 6 c potatoes, peeled, _-inch cubes
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 T water
- 1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 c half & half
- 1 c corn
- Scallions, thin sliced (garnish)
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (garnish)
Set the pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add the bacon. Cook until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel; set aside.
- Add butter to pressure cooker to melt. When melted, add onions and cook until tender. Pour in 1 qt chicken stock. Add sea salt, ground pepper, and parsley.
- Place the rack in bottom of cooker and place the potatoes on the rack.
- Close and lock lid. Set to "soup", adjust time to 4 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening the lid.
- Carefully open. Using tongs, carefully remove potatoes and transfer to a plate or bowl, set aside. Using oven mitts, remove rack from pressure cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, add cornstarch and water. Mix well to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add cornstarch mixture. Stir well.
- Add shredded cheese and cream cheese to soup. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour in remaining chicken stock and half & half. Add corn, reserved bacon, and return potatoes to cooker.
- Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle into serving bowls. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and scallions as garnish.