- 2 large eggs
- 1 c buttermilk
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1¾ c all-purpose flour
- ⅔ c cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1¼ c light brown sugar, packed
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 1 c semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter, unsalted, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Break up any lumps of brown sugar with fingers.
To the dry ingredients, add ¾ c of the chocolate chips, buttermilk-egg mixture, and melted butter. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix until until just combined.
- Fill 12 Silicone Cupcake Liners to the brim with batter. Distribute remaining ¼ c chocolate chips evenly over the muffin tops, pressing them lightly into the batter.
Place in oven and bake for 6 minutes, with or without a baking tray underneath. Afterward, turn the oven down to 350°F and bake for an additional 10 min. or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 min. Afterward, remove muffins from Silicone Cupcake Liners. Cool on a rack.