Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- 1 c + 2 T all-purpose flour
- 3 T cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t sea salt
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2½ T butter, unsalted
- ½ c sugar, granulated
- ¼ c light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 T milk
- 1½ t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking pan with parchment paper, lightly spray with non-stick spray, and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine 1 c of the chocolate chips and the butter. Heat in the microwave, on low power, in 15 second increments, mixing in between, until butter and chocolate are completely melted and can be whisked smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla and sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine. Do not overmix. Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Scoop ¼ c fulls of the batter onto the prepared baking pans. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F and bake for 13- to 16 minutes, or until the edges are set and the tops are dark and shiny.
- Allow cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet before serving.