Chocolate Caramel Turtles
- ¾ pound pecan halves
- 16 ounces caramel
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange pecans in 36 clusters, grouped 2 inches apart, on cookie sheet and set aside.
- Add caramel and water to heavy saucepan and melt on Medium-Low (175°F), stirring constantly.
- Drop melted caramel by teaspoon onto pecan clusters, ensuring each cluster is evenly coated.
- Let caramel cool.
- Add chocolate chips to saucepan and melt on Medium-Low (175°F), stirring constantly.
- Drizzle melted chocolate onto pecan clusters.
- Let turtles cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Instead of lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper, you can also coat it with non-stick cooking spray.