Chocolate Candy Cane Cheesecake
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 T butter, unsalted, melted
- 20 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c sugar, granulated
- 5 oz dark chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- ⅔ c sour cream
- 1-2 t peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ c whipping cream
- 2 t corn syrup
- Crushed candy canes
For Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap the outsides of a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil so the bottom and sides are fully covered. When wrapping up the sides, bring enough foil up and over top of rim to seal.
- Add cookies to a food processor and pulse to make fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse until combined.
- Press cookies into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the springform pan to form the crust. Place in freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in melted chocolate, scraping the sides and bottom of bowl as necessary. Beat in sour cream and peppermint extract. Mix in eggs one at a time until the batter is just combined. Do not overmix.
- Remove pan with crust from freezer. Pour cheesecake batter on top of the crust and smooth the top.
- Place cheesecake crust in the middle of a roasting dish (leave pan wrapped in foil). Pour about ½ inch of water into the roasting pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until the top looks just set and still has a slight wobble in middle when given a gentle nudge.
- Remove cake from oven. Take springform pan with cheesecake out of the roasting pan. Cool to room temperature. Remove cheesecake from water bath. Cover the top and chill in fridge for at least 4 hrs. or overnight.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place into a heatproof bowl.
- Add cream to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring the cream up to a simmer. Pour cream over the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the corn syrup.
- Pour the ganache over top of the cheesecake, smoothing the top as needed. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.