Chocolate Banana Turnovers
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 store-bought pastry dough sheet
- 2 tablespoons chocolate spread
- 4 slices bananas
- Press Pre-Heat and set at 375°F for 8 minutes.
Mix egg and water in small bowl to make egg wash; set aside.
- Cut pastry dough into 2 (2 x 2-inch) squares.
- Drop 1 tablespoon chocolate spread in middle of each square, then top with 1-2 banana slices.
- Fold corner of each pastry square over preserves, forming a triangle.
- Seal edges with egg wash and press shut with a fork.
- Brush tops of turnovers with egg wash.
- Place turnovers on Reversible Rack.
- Once preheated, add rack to NuWave Brio Basket to continue baking for 6-8 minutes.
Brushing the pastry top with egg wash gives the top a shiny gloss.