Chinese Chicken Salad
⅓ cups low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger or 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin and sliced
- 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup mint
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Place all dressing ingredients in NuWave Twister and pulse using flat blade until emulsified.
- Set dressing aside until ready to use.
- Heat oil in large fry pan on Medium-High (375°F).
- Add chicken to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove pan from PIC and set aside to let chicken cool.
- In large salad bowl, toss lettuce, cabbage, carrots and herbs with prepared dressing.
- Add chicken to salad and garnish with toasted almonds and sesame seeds.
- Change up the flavor and garnish your salad with mandarin orange slices.
- Toast your own almonds in a 9-inch pan on Medium (275°F) for 2-3 minutes, tossing to toast evenly.