Chinese BBQ Pork Chops with Ginger Coconut Sweet Potatoes
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ c unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 (8-oz) frozen uncooked boneless pork chops
- ¼ c hoisin sauce
⅓ c honey
1½ T soy sauce
- 1 t Chinese five-spice powder
½ (¼ c) butter
- 1 T fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 t sea salt
- ½ t white pepper
- Place potatoes and coconut milk into the pot. Place reversible rack inside pot over potatoes, making sure rack is in the higher position. Place pork chops on rack.
- Program the Duet for combo cooking: Press “COMBO COOK”. “pressure cook” will be displayed. Press “PRESSURE” and select high. Press “TIME” and set for 4 minutes. Press “COMBO COOK” a second time. “air fry” will be displayed. Set temperature to 400°F. Press “TIME” and set to 10 minutes. Now the recipe is set and ready to cook.
- Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the “CLOSE” position. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin pressure cooking.
- While pork chops and potatoes are cooking, whisk together hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, white pepper, and Chinese five-spice powder in a bowl.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position. Carefully remove lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Remove rack with pork from pot. Mash sweet potatoes with butter, ginger, and salt, using a mashing utensil that won’t scratch the nonstick surface of the pot.
- Place rack with pork back in pot and brush top of pork generously with ½ of sauce mixture.
- Place on Duet Air Fryer Lid. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin to air fry for 15 minutes. After 5 minutes, open lid, flip pork chops, then brush with remaining sauce. Close lid to resume cooking. Cook 5 minutes until an internal temperature of 145°F has been reached. Adjust time if needed to cook more.
- When cooking is complete, remove pork from rack and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving with mashed potatoes.