Chinese Barbecue Beef
½ c water
¼ c hoisin sauce
¼ c honey
- 4 T ketchup
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T chili sauce
- 2-lb beef chuck roast, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 t Chinese five-spice powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 turnips, peeled, medium dice
6 carrots, peeled, ½-inch pieces
- Scallions, sliced (garnish)
- Cooked white rice
In a mixing bowl, add water, and whisk in hoisin sauce, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, and chili; set aside.
- Season meat well with Chinese five-spice, salt, and black pepper.
- Add vegetables to pressure cooker. Place beef on bed of vegetables and pour hoisin mixture over roast.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", adjust time to 30 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
Carefully open lid and remove roast; set aside to cool.
- When cooled, shred beef and return to pressure cooker. Mix well with vegetables and sauce.
- Serve with cooked rice and garnish with scallions.