Chimichurri Skirt Steak
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped (about 1 cup, packed)
- 5 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all sauce ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until just combined; set aside.
- Place steak in bowl or container.
Add 4 tablespoons chimichurri sauce to container, spreading evenly on all sides of the steak.
- Let steak marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, or in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Press “Pre-Heat”, set temperature at 390˚F and set cooking time at 8-10 minutes. Press “Start”.
- Once ready, season steak with salt and pepper and place in Fry Pan Basket.
- Press Start cook steak. Add additional time if you prefer your steak more done.
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- Serve steak with remaining chimichurri sauce.
Marinate the steak in a container made from non-reactive materials, such as plastic, enamel, glass or stainless steel. If you marinate the steak in the refrigerator, allow the steak to return to room temperature before cooking. This should take about 30 minutes. Chimichurri sauce is best served at room temperature.