Chimichurri Skirt Steak
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped (about 1 cup, packed)
- 5 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all sauce ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until just combined; set aside.
- Place steak in bowl or container.
Add 4 tablespoons chimichurri sauce to container, spreading evenly on all sides of the steak.
- Let steak marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, or in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Press “Pre-Heat”, set temperature at 390˚F and set cooking time at 8-10 minutes. Press “Start”.
- Once ready, season steak with salt and pepper and place in Fry Pan Basket.
- Press Start cook steak. Add additional time if you prefer your steak more done.
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- Serve steak with remaining chimichurri sauce.
- Marinate the steak in a container made from non-reactive materials, such as plastic, enamel, glass or stainless steel.
- If you marinate the steak in the refrigerator, allow the steak to return to room temperature before cooking. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Chimichurri sauce is best served at room temperature.