Chickpeas with Tomatoes
- 3c chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and dried
- 8t olive oil
- 4t cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4t crushed garlic (extra, for more garlic flavor)
- 2t ground coriander
- 2t garam masala (add more for extra spice)
- 2t ground turmeric
- 2 (14-oz) cans diced tomatoes drained
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
¼t sea salt
¼t freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh cilantro (garnish)
- Add water (1 inch) on the bottom of pressure cooker, and add chickpeas. Close lid and lock. Set to "beans" and adjust for 10 minutes.
- When done, quick release.
- Open and remove chickpeas.
- Set to "sear" and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add cumin seeds and cook for approx. 30 seconds or until they start to crackle.
Add sliced onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are golden and soft.
- Stir in garlic, tomatoes, and other spices. Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro (for garnish) and return chickpeas to cooker.
- Close lid and lock. Set for 15 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and plate. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with basmati rice and warmed naan bread.