Sauces, Jams & Condiments
- 1c dry chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2T (heaping) of tahini paste
- 1 lemon, (juice only)
¼t cumin powder
½t sea salt
½ bunch parsley, chopped (about ¼c of leaves)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Drain chickpeas and place in pressure cooker. Cover with 6c of water. Add 1-2 crushed garlic cloves and bay leaf.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "beans" and adjust for 18 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and drain chickpeas
- reserve all of the liquid.
- When cooled, pick out bay leaf and pour chickpeas into a food processor.
- Add _c of reserved cooking liquid and tahini paste, lemon juice, cumin, and 1-2 fresh garlic cloves.
- Puree, slowly incorporating additional reserved cooking liquid to reach desired consistency. Hummus should be creamy without being runny.
- Add sea salt to taste. Mix well.
- Garnish with paprika and fresh parsley and serve.