Chicken with Poblano Sauce
Sauces, jams & condiments
- 4 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided (plus more if needed)
- 4 poblano peppers, charred
½ white onion, rough chop, charred
- 2 cloves garlic, whole, charred
- 2 T chicken powder (or bouillon chicken cubes)
¼ c cilantro, rough chop
- 1 c sour cream
¾ c milk
½ c chicken stock
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
½ c kernels (off of corn cob)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 30 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add poblano peppers and sear until charred. This may need to be done in batches. Once charred, place peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes.
- Add more oil, if needed. Add onions and garlic. Sear until charred, about 10 minutes.
- Remove peppers from bowl and peel skin off. Cut open and remove seeds and stems. Slice 1 of the poblano peppers into strips.
In a blender, add remaining poblano peppers. Add charred onion and garlic, chicken powder, cilantro, sour cream, milk, and chicken stock. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust for 15 minutes, and add oil. Press "start/stop".
- Season chicken breasts with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add chicken to pressure cooker and sear until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove to plate; set aside.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "poultry", adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop". When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and check seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve chicken “as is” or with cooked white rice.