Soups & Stews
APPROX. 3 QTS servings
- 4 lbs chicken bones
- 1 large onion, halved
- 4 large carrots, cut into thirds
- 4 celery stalks, cut into thirds
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch parsley
- 4 sprigs thyme, fresh
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 t black peppercorns, whole
- Water, enough to cover
- Add bones, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, parsley, thyme, bay leaves, peppercorns, and water.
- Close and lock lid. Set the pressure cooker to "soup", adjust the time to 30 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- Once the pressure cooker is done, let it naturally release its pressure. When all pressure is released, do a quick release to make sure all pressure has been released before opening the lid.
- Strain the stock through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.