Chicken Salsa Verde
1-1½ lbs tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed, halved
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed, halved
3 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed, halved
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
¾ c cilantro, rough chop
½ c lime juice, fresh
- 1 t sea salt
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
½ c chicken stock
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
To prepare the salsa verde, preheat oven to 425˚F. Place tomatillos and peppers cut-side down on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and place in oven for 15 minutes or until skins are charred and blistered. Remove from oven.
- Place tomatillos, peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a blender and pulse until smooth. Add chicken to pressure cooker and add salsa and chicken stock. Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "poultry", adjust time to 8 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and shred chicken. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with tortillas.