Chicken Parmesan with Marinara
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, sliced horizontally (makes 4 pieces)
- 1 c panko bread crumbs
- ¾ c marinara sauce
- ½ c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ c Parmesan cheese, grated
- ⅛ c egg whites
- 2 t Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Spray inside of Fry Pan Basket with cooking spray.
- Place each halved chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound down to flatten to ⅛-inch thick.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Place egg whites in another bowl. Dip the chicken into the egg whites then dredge through the bread crumbs, completely covering the chicken in both egg whites and bread crumbs.
- Set to 400°F and place chicken breasts in Basket. Insert Probe into largest chicken piece. Set Probe to 165°F. Spray tops of chicken with cooking spray and cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F and the Brio turns off.
- Once cooked through, slide Basket out and ladle marinara sauce over chicken. Top with additional mozzarella cheese. Slide back in and cook an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over a bed of pasta with garlic bread.