Chicken Parmesan Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 T tomato paste
- 1 t crushed red pepper
- 1 (15-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 c chicken stock
- 2 c penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, 1-inch cubes, cooked
1-½ c Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 T fresh parsley, fine chop
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 25 minutes, press "start/stop", and add oil. When hot, add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in tomato paste and crushed red pepper.
- Add tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to simmer and add pasta.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "multi grain", adjust time to 8 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Add chicken, Parmesan, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into serving dishes and serve.