Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 2 T butter
- 2 stalks celery, small dice
- 2 carrots, peeled, small dice
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 c chicken stock
- 1 T thyme, fresh, rough chop
- 1 t sage, fresh, rough chop
- 3 c half & half
- 1 (10-oz) pkg. gnocchi
- 2 c spinach, fresh, julienne
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated (garnish)
- Parsley, rough chop (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add butter to melt. Press "start/stop". When butter is melted, add celery, carrots, and onions and sauté until onions are translucent. Add chicken, chicken stock, thyme, and sage. Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "poultry", adjust time to 12 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and shred chicken with a fork. Add half & half and mix, then add gnocchi. Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". Simmer until gnocchi is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, stir, and check seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley.