- 8 chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 2 c chicken stock
¾ c black olives
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 t oregano, dried
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1T extra, if needed
- 1 (28-oz) can whole tomatoes, pureed
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
Rinse and pat dry chicken, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; set aside.
Press "PRESSURE COOK" then press "SEAR" and add oil. Brown the chicken; set aside.
- To the remaining oil (add 1T, if needed) add onions, bay leaf, and garlic. Once fragrant and when onions are translucent, add tomato puree, oregano, chicken, and chicken stock.
Place on Pressure Cooker Lid. Ensure the Pressure Release Switch/Valve is in the "CLOSE" position. Press "PRESSURE COOK" and set to "HIGH" pressure. Turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust time to 10 min. Press "START/PAUSE" to pressure-cook.
- When done, perform a quick release.
- After all pressure/steam has been released, remove Lid. Using a hand-held thermometer, check to see that the internal temperature of chicken has reached 165°F.
- When done, remove bay leaf. Add black olives and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve with pasta or white rice.