Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 c ketchup
¼ c low-sodium soy sauce
¼ c honey
- 1 T yellow mustard
¼ c brown sugar
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 16 wooden skewers (soaked in water 15-30 min.)
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, add ketchup, soy sauce, honey, mustard, sugar, garlic, and lemon juice. Bring up to a simmer and cook gently until thick, about 10 min. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat Bravo and set to bake at 400°F.
Cut each chicken thigh into 2 pieces. Peel the pineapple and cut into 1½-inch chunks.
- Alternating between the chicken and pineapple, thread pieces onto the skewers. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Spray enamel baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place Kabobs on pan and place on cooking rack in position 3. Cook at 400°F for 8-10 min.
- Remove garlic cloves from barbecue sauce. Pour half the sauce into a small, separate bowl. Brush skewers with some of the glaze (sauce) from the saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove and serve with reserved barbecue sauce (from small bowl) on the side for dipping.