Cheesy Herb Scones
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- ½ c sugar, granulated
- 3 t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- ¾ c butter, cold
- ½ c Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ c cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ t black pepper, coarse
- 2 t favorite dried herbs or 3 T chopped fresh herbs
- 1 c buttermilk
- In a food processor or blender, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Pea-sized pieces of butter should still be visible in mix.
- Add flour mixture to a large mixing bowl. Stir in Parmesan, cheddar, garlic, pepper, and dried herbs.
- Make a well in the center. Add buttermilk. Mix just enough to form doughball.
- Roll to ½ inch thickness. Cut out scones with a knife or biscuit cutter and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush an egg wash over the tops if desired. Bake at 375°F for 20-25 min. or until an evenly light golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 12 large scones.