Cheesy Artichoke Toasts
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 9 oz artichoke hearts (canned), rough chop
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 oz Parmesan, grated
- 1 oz Gruyère cheese, grated
- 2 T sour cream
1 t finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 T lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 T panko bread crumbs
- ¼ c flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 (5-oz) bunch baby arugula
- 2 T olive oil
- Brush bread slices with olive oil. Season each with salt and pepper.
Place slices in enamel baking pan. Place on cooking rack in position 3. Set to toast at 425°F. Toast slices until light golden brown, about 2-3 min. Remove.
In a medium bowl, combine artichokes, garlic, Parmesan, Gruyère cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, and 1/4 t each salt of and pepper.
- Spoon onto each slice of toast. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Place in enamel baking pan.
- Toast once again at 350°F until golden brown and the cheese has melted, 6-8 min.
- While cooking, in a bowl, toss arugula with oil, lemon juice, and a pinch salt and pepper.
- When done, remove artichoke toasts. Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional). Serve with arugula salad.