Chayotes with Tomatoes
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c white onion, thin sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
⅛ t ground clove
½ t dried oregano
½ t dried thyme
6 chayotes, peeled, ½-inch julienne
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time 10 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add onions, garlic, ground clove, oregano, and thyme. Sauté, stirring constantly until onions are translucent and soft.
- Add chayotes. Stir in crushed tomatoes and close and lock lid.
- Set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies" and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and check seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle into serving dishes and top with parsley.