- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T ginger, peeled, minced
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
½ c fresh cilantro, rough chop (garnish)
- Basmati rice, cooked (for service)
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". Add onions, garlic, ginger, cardamom, and curry powder. Sauté until onions become soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice and chickpeas.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies", adjust time to 5 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 5 minutes, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with basmati rice and fresh cilantro.