- 2 c flour
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon, ground
½ t sea salt
- 4 eggs
1-½ c oil
- 2 c sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 (8-oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 c carrots, grated
¾ c walnuts, chopped
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add pineapple, carrots, and walnuts. Mix well. Pour batter into 2 baking pans, with one pan holding less batter than the other.
- Place a small, thick, glass mixing bowl or two ramekins in bottom of cooker (to create a space between bottom of the cooker and pan). Pour in 4c of water. Place pan (with less batter) on top of glass bowl or ramekins. Place a steamer rack on top of the lower pan, and then add the second pan with batter on top of steamer rack.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "bake" and adjust for 32 minutes.
- When done, quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid. Check to see that insides of cakes are done by inserting a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. If it comes out wet or "dirty", close lid and lock and adjust for an additional 5 minutes. If done, remove cake and allow to cool.
- When cooled, remove cakes from pans. Spread frosting over the top of one of the cakes. Place second cake on top of the first. Continue to coat cakes with frosting. Slice and serve.