Caramel Crush Bars
- 1½ c quick oats
- 2¼ c all-purpose flour
- 1½ c brown sugar
- 1¼ c butter, unsalted, melted
- ¼ c butter, unsalted
- 1 c brown sugar
- ¼ c milk
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 T all-purpose flour
- For crust, mix butter with oatmeal, flour, and brown sugar. Press ⅔ of mixture into a greased 9 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes.
- Set remaining ⅓ of crust mixture aside to use for the topping.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in brown sugar until smooth. Stir in milk and vanilla completely. Stir in flour until mixture is uniform.
Bring up to a slow boil for about 3 minutes until mixture begins to thicken. Be sure to stir continuously. Remove from heat.
When crust has baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool. When cool to the touch, pour caramel filling on top of crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over top.
- Bake at 300°F for an additional 15 minutes. Bars will appear a bit runny but will firm up when they have cooled.