- 10 apples
- 10 wooden sticks
- 2 (11-ounce) packages chewy caramel candies
- 4 tablespoons water
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Line baking pan or flat work surface with parchment paper and set aside.
- Poke sticks into apples and set aside.
- Place assorted toppings in shallow dishes for rolling apples in.
- Add caramel and water to 4-quart pot and heat on Medium (275°F) for about 8 minutes.
- Stir caramel until completely melted and creamy, then remove pot from PIC.
- Dip apples in melted caramel. Allow excess caramel to drip off and roll apples in any additional toppings, then transfer to parchment paper.
- Refrigerate apples for 1 hour to set.
- Remove apples from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
- If your apples are coated in wax, dip them in boiling water and dry thoroughly before using.
- Pick apples that are sweet-tart and firm to balance out the sweetness. We recommend Honeycrisps, Granny Smiths, Pippins, Pink Ladies, and Jonathans.