Sauces, Jams & Condiments
- 1 c red wine vinegar
⅔ c mustard seeds
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c water
- 3 c cranberries, fresh
- 3 t allspice, ground
¼ t nutmeg, ground
¼ dry mustard powder
- 1 c sugar
- Add vinegar to a saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add mustard seeds. Cover and set aside. Allow mustard seeds to steep in vinegar 1-2 hrs.
- Add mustard seeds, Worcestershire sauce, and water in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Add cranberries and pulse to chop cranberries.
Return blender contents to a saucepan and heat over high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes. Add allspice, nutmeg, dry mustard powder, and sugar. Simmer until reduced by ⅓.
- Ladle liquid into canning jars, leaving 1 inch from the top. Make sure rims are clean. If necessary, clean with a damp cloth.
- Place lids on jars and close tight.
Place rack in bottom of pressure cooker. Place jars on the rack. Pour hot water over jars and into inner pot until water reaches ¼ of way up the sides of jars.
- Set pressure cooker to "canning", adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 20 minutes then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Open. Using canning tongs, carefully remove hot jars and place on a heat-resistant surface. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- When jars have completely cooled, remove the screw bands. Lids should be tightly sealed to the jar, and when pressed in the center, they should NOT have any "give" or springing motion. If they do, reprocess immediately.