- 5 c water, divided
2-¼ c sugar
- 1 lb lemons, cut lengthwise
- Squeeze out all juice, seeds, and pulp from lemons. Slice lemon peels into thin strips. Pour 4c of water into cooker. Add lemon strips.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "bake", and adjust time to 3 minutes. Press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and strain liquid from peels. Rinse peels then return to cooker. Pour in sugar and remaining water.
- Set to "sear" and press "start/stop". Allow the water, sugar, and lemon peels to simmer. Cook until sugar is dissolved. When dissolved, close and lock lid. Set to "bake" and adjust for 10 minutes. Press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid. Once again, strain liquid syrup from peels. Toss peels in sugar and lay out on parchment paper. Allow peels to completely dry before serving.