Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash, halved, seeds removed
- 1 carrot, peeled and quartered
- Pinch of salt and pepper
½ white onion
1½ C water
- 2 C chicken stock
Cook butternut squash in an oven at 375°F for 60 minutes.
- Add carrot, onions to jar, close lid, and pulse 5-6 times until veggies are chopped.
In a pot, heat oil and add chopped veggies. Sauté for 3 minutes until vegetables begin to sweat.
Once vegetables are sautéed, add them back into the blender with 1½ C of water.
- Using the plunger lid, puree vegetables on speed 8 for 30-40 seconds.
- Pour veggie puree back into the pot with 1C of chicken stock.
- Take cooked squash and scoop it into the jar with 1C of stock.
Using the plunger lid, puree on 8 for 1½ minutes.
- Add squash puree in with vegetable puree and stir to combine and bring up to a simmer.
- Serve and enjoy.