Butternut Squash & Ginger Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded, 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
½ t nutmeg
- 4 c vegetable stock
½ c pumpkin seeds, toasted (garnish)
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add butternut squash and onions. Cook until onions and squash are brown. Cook in batches, if necessary.
- Add sage, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, ginger, nutmeg, and stock.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "soup", and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Using a stick blender, blend soup until thick and creamy.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish soup with pumpkin seeds, and serve immediately.