Butter Pecan Cheesecake
- 1½ c graham cracker crumbs
- ½ c pecans, fine chop
- ⅓ c sugar, granulated
- ⅓ c butter, unsalted, melted
- 3 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1½ c sugar, granulated
- 2 c sour cream
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 c pecans, finely chopped
For Pecan Crust
In a large mixing bowl, combine cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar, and butter, set aside ⅓ c for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased springform pan and 1 inch up the sides.
Wrap the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan with heavy-duty foil. When wrapping up the sides, bring enough foil up and over top of rim to seal.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
Pour batter into crust, sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Place spring form pan in a large baking pan. Add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325°F for 60-70 minutes.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 min. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 1 hour or longer. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, unlatch and remove outside of springform pan.