- 1 stick butter
- 4 t garlic powder
- 2 T dried oregano
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 (3- to 5-lb) whole chicken
- 4 T seasoned salt
- 3 T black pepper
Butter Paste Ingredients
In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, oregano, and garlic powder; set aside.
- Press “PREHEAT”. Set to 375°F with cooking time of 10-12 min. a pound.
- Gently separate the skin from the meat of the chicken without tearing the skin.
- Carefully spread butter paste mixture between the skin and the meat.
- Place sliced onions and peppers between the skin and meat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken.
Once ready, place chicken on Mesh Tray breast-side down. Place chicken with Tray in position 1.
- Insert Probe into thickest part of breast. Set Probe to 165°F. Cook, pausing halfway to flip chicken. Cover with foil for remaining cooking time.
- Check Probe to see if internal temperate has reached 165°F.
- When done, remove. Let chicken rest at least 10 min. before carving.