- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 t chili powder
½ t salt
- 1 c salsa
- 1 c white rice, uncooked
- 1 (14.5-oz) can black beans, rinsed
1-½ lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 2 c chicken stock
¼ c cilantro, rough chop (garnish)
¼ c cheddar cheese, shredded (garnish)
- 1 c lettuce, shredded (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". When oil is hot, add onions and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, and salt. Add in salsa, rice, black beans, chicken, and chicken stock.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "poultry", adjust time to 15 minutes and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid, check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Remove and shred chicken. Return to pot and mix. Ladle into serving dishes and top with cilantro, cheese, and lettuce.