Broiled Salmon Steaks with Mustard Sauce and Asparagus
- 1 T olive oil
½ c Dijon mustard
¼ c sugar
- 2 t white-wine vinegar
- 3 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (8-oz) salmon steaks
- Grilled garlic bread
- Preheat Bravo and set to broil for 500°F.
Make mustard sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, sugar, and vinegar. Divide sauce between two bowls (about ½ c each). Use one bowl of mustard sauce for basting and the other for drizzling.
- In a large bowl, toss asparagus with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in baking pan, working in batches, if necessary. Broil asparagus, turning occasionally until lightly browned and tender, 4-8 min. (depending on thickness of spears).
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Using a brush, baste each side lightly with some of mustard sauce. Broil salmon steaks at 500°F.
- Baste fish with sauce again and cook 3-5 minutes per side.
- When done, transfer salmon to plates and drizzle with mustard sauce. Serve with half the asparagus and garlic bread.