- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 medium white onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (optional)
- 8 ounces Chimini or portabella mushrooms, diced
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, skin on and small diced
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, skin on and small diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and medium diced
- 1 teaspoon dark chili powder (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Blanch potatoes for 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Set Skillet to 375ºF and add oil followed by onion and garlic and sauté until lightly brown.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until they lightly sweat.
- Turn skillet up to 400ºF and add the remaining ingredients except parsley and give it a quick stir before placing on the lid.
- Let it cook for about 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Stir in parsley and serve.
Poached eggs are a great final touch to your Breakfast Hash. See page 21 for details.