Brazilian Black Bean Stew
½ lb bacon, thick slice, small dice
½ lb ham, thick slice, small dice
1-½ c white onions, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
½ c green onions, thin slice
½ t ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb black beans, dried
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 5 qts water
½ c fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ c fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 15 minutes, press "start/stop", and add bacon and ham. Cook until crispy. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
- To the remaining fat in the pot, add onions, garlic, green onions, coriander, and bay leaves. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add beans and ham hocks. Add water.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "beans". Press "start/stop".
- When done, do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening the lid.
- Carefully open the lid and remove bay leaves. Remove ham hocks. Pull ham off, chop up. Return to cooker.
- Return ham and bacon to cooker. Season with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, cilantro, and parsley.
- Ladle into serving dishes.