Braised Turkey Thighs with Yukon Gold Potatoes and Cranberries
- 3T olive oil
- 4 turkey thighs, skinless
- 1 large carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 large celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb Yukon Gold potatoes, cleaned, chopped
- 1c fresh cranberries
- 1T tomato paste
- 1c dry white wine
- 1c water
1 (14 ½-oz) can whole tomatoes, crushed, in juice
- 2t dried thyme
- 1T dried marjoram leaves
- 1T dried rosemary leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Set to "sear" and add oil.
- Season turkey thighs with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Place turkey thighs in and sear on both sides until golden brown. Remove and put on a plate; set aside.
Add onions, carrot, celery, and cranberries to oil and sauté for a couple minutes.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and stir well. Add wine and water to deglaze the bottom of cooker.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, bay leaf, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Stir well.
- Return chicken thighs to cooker.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "poultry" and adjust for 7 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and set to "potato". Add potatoes and cook for an additional 10 minutes. When done, remove bay leaf and serve.