Braised Brussels Sprouts
1 pound small Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Lemon zest to taste
- Trim stems of Brussels sprouts with knife and remove discolored leaves by hand. Set aside.
- In 2-quart sauce pot, warm water on Max/Sear for about 1 minute or until it boils.
- Add Brussels sprouts.
Drop temperature to medium (275°F) and simmer.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Check doneness with knife.
- Remove sprouts and place in an ice bath to stop cooking process.
- In 10.5-inch fry pan, heat butter on Max/Sear.
Add sprouts and sauté for 3- 4 minutes per side to add color.
- Shake pan to move sprouts around.
- Garnish with lemon zest and cheese.