Bourbon Street Gumbo with Shrimp and Andouille
- 2T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2T flour
12oz andouille sausage, sliced into ½-inch-thick coins
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 ribs celery, small dice
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 2T Cajun or Creole seasoning
1 (14½-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
⅔c chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1lb shrimp (peeled, optional)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley and/or chives
- 1 (10-oz) pkg. frozen okra
- 2T Worcestershire sauce
- Set to "sear" and add olive oil and flour. Mix for a few minutes to make a brown roux.
- When hot, add sausage and brown for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage and transfer to a plate.
Add pepper, celery, onions, and Cajun seasoning and sauté for 1-2 minutes until very fragrant. Add okra.
- Return sausage, and add tomatoes, chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves and stir.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "fish" and adjust for 5 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open. Remove bay leaves. Set to "sear" add shrimp, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Shrimp should be opaque throughout when done.
- Add sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Top with parsley or chives. Serve with cooked rice.