Sauces, Jams & Condiments
- 8 c blueberries, pureed
- 2 c sugar, granulated
- 2 t cinnamon, ground
½ t nutmeg
- 1 lemon, juice, zest
- Add pureed blueberries to cooker. Set to "slow cooker" and adjust for 1 hr. Cover with glass lid and cook.
- After 1 hr, stir the blueberries.
- Place the glass lid back on but leave it slightly ajar to allow steam to escape.
- Set to "slow cook" and adjust for 8 hrs. Check on cooking progress throughout in case less time is needed.
- With 1 hr left to cook, add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook until thick, spreadable consistency is achieved.
- For a smoother butter, puree in a food processor until smooth or until desired consistency is reached.
- Ladle blueberry butter into canning jars, if canning, and follow all instructions.